Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Grades & Coffee







Took my anatomy test yesterday and got a 96%. I am so happy with myself!!! I really did study until I actually had a little song to go along with the bones. Then we also took our first module test, over the 7 chapters, and got a 93%. Now I can take a brief breather until the next test. We are now beginning vital signs & Health Care Provider CPR. I am going to buy my hot pink stethoscope and blood pressure cuff on Friday.

Lots of working at the coffee mega giant these next three days as I learn to be a barista and make the coffee. I don't know if any of you ever watch CNBC, but Howard Schultz the CEO, the main man, of the coffee mega giant was a guest and did a really great interview. The part where he spoke about why he offers major health benefits to part - time employees was very interesting.

In 1960 when he was a young kid his dad was hurt in a work accident and since there was no workmens comp and they had no health insurance the family went through some very hard times. They were just basic middle class living in an apartment in Brooklyn neighborhood. He said that he knows how important it is for people to have insurance and not have those worries about what they might have to do if they are ill or hurt or a family becomes ill.

It's why I am there.

5 comments:

Ain't Nothing But A Hound Dawg said...

Dharma,great test scores...way to go!I think I like Starbuckes even more...sounds like your life is really exciting right now,enjoy:-)

Anonymous said...

Good job on the exam!

You big smarty!

Mixter

Esteban said...

If you were a true Democrat, you would take 35% off of your grade and distribute it to those who weren't fortunate enough to get such a high score.


Wow, I am a big meanie.

Good job Dharma.

Dharma said...

LOL!! Esteban you are one funny guy. :-)Thanks everyone for your kind words. Tonight we begin vital signs and our CPR. I am thrilled because that will be good to have for general purposes. My manager at the mega coffee giant told me that no one there, even the managers, are CPR trained. Too bad. It is always a good idea to have one or two people trained, that are usually there, for emergencies. At my old school we all got refreshed every 2 years.

Ain't Nothing But A Hound Dawg said...

Who needs CPR when you can just wave some potent coffeee beans ubder their nose;-q