Monday, August 28, 2006

I'm a Statistic


Well, I am now officially a number in the system!! I just knew, when I thought that I could do all the filing online, that there would have to be some hang-ups. I mean, how can anything that has to do with a gov't . entity go smoothly?

So, I log on and type in/create my passwords etc. and then as I sit back and prepare to navigate my way through unemployment bliss it begins to go awry. I spent the next 30 minutes going back and forth between two pages. I would sign in and use password and then it would go to the " begin my account" page and then it would tell me that I didn't even have an account. Then I would fill out all the pages and re-start an account and then it would take me back to the page that said I didn't need to do that page because I already had an account!! So I went back and forth like this for 30 minutes until I finally called and did it with a human on the other end of the receiver. We got it done together in less than 15 minutes.

I am now on my way to a "waiting week" and then the sticker shock when I get that paycheck that will be 40% of what I used to make. Sigh, well with a new class starting I guess that I will take advantage of this opportunity and make the best of it before I begin to get all freaked out about another job/or part-time job. Aside from the coffee mega giant there are other things that I can take advantage of, so I'm not freaking out.

2 comments:

Sam Spade said...

the button pushing will come easier.Just remember to hit 'weekly claim',not 'restart claim' every week,and to check your 'view correspondence inbox' once or twice a week.

Anonymous said...

No fun being a statistic...

Mixter