Friday, April 24, 2009

It's What Ya Have to Do



There are just some things that you have to do. You may not want to do them and they may be quite uncomfortable, but you do them because you know there are just certain things that you have to do. This is one of them.

Sunday I have to go to calling hours for the sixteen year old son of a friend.

I have been to calling hours for many people that I have cared for and many people that were just acquaintances. Many have been sad. Although I do not think that anything can compare to a parent having to bury a child.

They have two others, a 17 year old and a younger one. This was their middle son.

I have heard that there are to be many, many kids from the high school coming. I plan to get there early. I know that it is going to be very emotional. For everyone there.

I have been feeling so many emotions ever since this occurred. Naturally, as a parent, you think about what you would be thinking and feeling if it were you. Then you say to yourself that you don't even want to think about it.

You don't want to go, but they are friends and it is what you have to do. One of the most, if not THE most, unbelievably sad things that you will do in life. Attend the funeral of someone so young.

No comments: