Thursday, January 03, 2008

The Thinkers


I am introducing a new link today. I came across the name of this on-line magazine in an op-ed piece in one of this weeks papers. I went to check it out and was totally blown away. These writers and contributors are very lofty thinkers. A few of the articles that I read were a bit above my head, but fascinating reading none the less. The magazine is called Edge. Here is what they say about themselves;



Edge Foundation, Inc., was established in 1988 as an outgrowth of a group known as The Reality Club. Its informal membership includes of some of the most interesting minds in the world.

The mandate of Edge Foundation is to promote inquiry into and discussion of intellectual, philosophical, artistic, and literary issues, as well as to work for the intellectual and social achievement of society. Edge Foundation, Inc. is a nonprofit private operating foundation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.

A few of the articles that I was reading this morning included: Moral Psychology and the Misunderstanding of Religion, Words Don't Mean What They Mean, and another about how we are born to be moral. Riveting, great reads!! This magazine is just packed with material. I could be here a very long time. For those of you who like to dive into the deeper meanings of things, or just want to have either a good argument or a good read I highly suggest that you give this awesome on-line magazine a read. Make sure that it is when you have the time and do not have to be anywhere in a hurry!!

No comments: