Monday, February 16, 2009

A Nice Diversion


As I typr this I have my earphones in and this is what I am listening to...."Sweetheart". An eclectic collection of love type songs re-done by current artists. Katy Perry, Death Cab for Cutie and Rouge Wave to name a few. One the rare cd's that we had at the coffee mega giant that I actually liked. My girlfriend bought it and several of us, at work, copied it. I have now burned it to my mp3 and plan to give John the cd.

I have never been a fan of Bruce Springsteen, but there is a version of his song,"I'm on Fire", which is the most I have ever liked this song. The girl that sings it is Kate Tucker. She is part of an indie rock band called Kate Tucker and the Sons of Sweden. It was the song that first drew me to the cd. I loved the girls voice and then I realized what words she was singing.

All the songs are great re-makes. Nicely done. If you have a chance to pick it up, or as in my case, download/burn a copy I highly recommend it.

No comments: