Sunday, December 24, 2006

Favorite Sports Movie


I was on sabbatical, but this morning MSNBC had an article that I thought would make for fun holiday blogging fodder. This particular writter had his top 10 list of sports movies. Now, I know that you guys might have differing opinions, as I totally did not like some of his choices, but I had watched a few in my lifetime and thought that I would list a few of mine and then see what yours might be.

Remember the Titans: I know that is about a high school team, but it was one of the best movies I have ever seen and it was about football. The game shots were excellent. IT had Denzel in some of his best acting ever.

Rocky: The first one. It was the first of its kind and the fight scenes were very exciting. After that the character got annoying . The wife character was really annoying. I don't know if I will see the newest chapter when it comes out.

Major League: Funniest baseball movie ever! It was about a Cleveland team that sucked. Hmmmmmm. So many good actors in it and they were all younger. Charlie Sheen was at his best in that one as the "Wild Thing".

Field of Dreams: Not totally a sports movie, but a great movie that used baseball and kept baseball from being totally boring.

The Replacements: Funny stuff. Gene hackman, Keanu Reeves. Say what you will, I still have a thing for him and football was secondary.

There you have it. Now, I think I'll get a bag of peanuts and hot dog and coke for about 25 bucks.

Play Ball!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another great one: Slapshot. With Paul Newman and the Hansen Brothers. Hilarious!

Mixter

Esteban said...

I always liked Tin Cup, despite the fact that the end is so hard to watch.