Seems that Mixter wants us to play a little meme for the holidays, so I'll bite!! Although I'm not going to link, if any of you guys want to play you'll have to copy & paste and play along in your blogs. Drew, this means you too.
1. Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share Christmas facts about yourself.
3. Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Welcome to the Christmas edition of "Getting to Know Your Friends."
1. Wrapping or gift bags?
Wrapping. I like to have a yearly theme and run with that. Although this years theme was, "empty out the basement and use what you have".
2. Real or artificial tree?
Artificial. I am very allergic to pine. We had them for years and finally got an awesome, and quite beautiful fiber optic tree. Nice to sit around and drink some wine. Great lighting effects.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Weekend after Thanksgiving. I love the tree and decorations. It is so naked after they all come down.
4. When do you take the tree down?
My birthday is Jan.13th. Usually a day or 2 after that.
5. Do you like egg nog?
OMG NO!!!! Gross.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I was 12 and got an official Mickey Mouse watch.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Nope.Don't care for religious statues or crosses etc. in houses.
8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Some re-gifted stuff from someone that I thought was a friend.
9. Mail or email Christmas cards?
10. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Christmas Story & Christmas Vacation.
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
When I have the money!
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
13. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
It's fiber optic and we can make it do anything we want. It is multi-colored and it pulses gently.
14. Favorite Christmas song(s)?
Most of it unless it gets real churchy sounding. Believe by Josh Groban is a fave.
15. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
17. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Neither. The tree is already glowing.
18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning?
19. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Commercialism and mass consumerism and rude people.
20. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color?
Fiber optics make it easy. I buy 1 or 2 new ornaments for our tree every year. We have some cool ones. Like a manatee with a Santa hat from our cruise.
21. What do you leave for Santa?
Cookies and milk, duh!
22. Least favorite holiday song?
Grandma got run over by a reindeer. YUCK!
23. Favorite ornament?
The ones Max made in elementary school that have his picture on them.
24. Family tradition?
We have several, but one of my faves is that we eat appetizers and all kinds of finger foods on 24th and sweet rolls in the AM on the 25th before doing stockings and then gifts.
25. Ever been to Midnight Mass or late-night Christmas Eve services?
Maybe 3 times in my life. Twice at a non-denominational church and maybe once to someone else's service. Too late to be up and I usually still have too much to do to fight a crowd at a church service.