Saturday, August 08, 2009

Coffee Brewing Can Be Dangerous



Thursday I sprained my left pinkie finger at work. I was making some drinks in a blender and my little finger went under the counter while the rest of my hand went above AND in another direction. It hurt and swelled IMMEDIATELY! OUCH!!!!!

Naturally it was during the morning rush and we were quite busy. Everyone saw my reaction and knew that I was in pain. One customer told me to get it on ice right away. It was one of those incidents that makes you get goose bumps and a cold sweat as soon as it happens.

I iced for a few minutes and then got the medical tape from the first aid kit and taped the last two fingers together and that was how I worked the rest of my shift. Took a few ibuprofen and drank a few more shots of espresso.

Not much you can do with a sprained little finger, so after a few days of taping it, icing and resting it I am using the compression sleeve that John got for his injury in India. This keeps it in place and I don't have to worry about moving it or bumping it when I go back to work tomorrow.

Maybe this is God's way of paying me back for even thinking about going with Mixter & Guy!!

No comments: