Friday, July 10, 2009

Gone Camping


Hitting the trail today!! For this past week I have been airing out my tent, that has not seen daylight since our backpacking trip to New Mexico in 2004, cleaned out the pack and have been making shopping lists etc. to get ready for this weekend. Not going too far or anywhere special. Just a local state park, but one that I have never camped at or near in all the years I was actively camping/hiking.

I wish I had been able to take the entire weekend off, but it is hard to do right now as my boss is having personal issues and I don't want to cause too much motion in the ocean, so two days will have to do! I am just excited to get out there and sit around a fire and sleep in a tent.

I am going with some friends who also love to camp, got the camp site and invited me. I am going to show them how to cook some good foil meals and they are bringing some nice white wine for me. Sounds like a fair trade!! I will only have my crappy cell phone camera, but if I take any picture worthy of showing I will post it sometime on Sunday!!

Have a great weekend all!!

No comments: